p style="text-align: center;">
to Asako Afrikan Combat Capoeira
The oldest known combat arts and sciences in the world were invented over 5000 years ago by Kmtyw ‘Afrikan=Black people’ in Kmt ‘Land of Black People’. Abibifahodie Asako ‘Afrikan Liberation Capoeira’ is one such Afrikan=Black combat art and science for self-defense, protection and holistic wellness. Later known as N’golo and Kipura, enslaved Afrikans=Black people brought it from Angola to the regions of Brazil. In Asako, participants form a circle and take turns either playing musical instruments (such as the Ɔbɛnta ‘Berimbau’), singing, or sparring. Asako (Capoeira) is marked by evasion techniques, weapons, kicks, feints, sweeps, headbutts, grappling, chokes, and breaks. A key objective in Asako is to attack without being attacked. Asako (Capoeira) builds flexibility, physical and mental stamina, tones muscles, and improves balance, focus, and coordination. Asako develops mind, body and spirit. Asako classes consist of stretching, movement training, light sparring & music.
About Abibifahodie Asako Afrikan Combat Capoeira.
Why Choose Us
The name Abibifahodie is from the Asante Twi language and is best rendered into english as "Afrikan Liberation." Afrikan Liberation is the focus of our group in keeping with the history of capoeira in its use as an instrument for the liberation of Afrikan people:
- a Our logo is a newly created adinkra symbol called Abibifahodie 'Afrikan Liberation' and formed out of two pre-existing Adinkra symbols, namely akobɛn with the accompanying proverb in the Twi language of Ghana Akobɛn bɔ a, na yɛhunu mmarima ' .
- b When the war horn sounds is when we see men' and nkyinkyimiiɛ with the accompanying proverb Ɔbra ne kwan yɛ nkyinkyimiiɛ 'Life's path is twists and turns'.
- c The combination of bravery and adaptability encapsulates much of the philosophy of Capoeira and nkyinkyimiiɛ is also used in the logo of Capoeira Akebelan where Dr. Ọbádélé Kambon spent several of his formative years in Capoeira.
- Correct Technique for Abibifahodie Asako Ahwenkyɛn (Sideslam) Afrikan Combat Capoeira…more
- Abibifahodie Afrikan Combat Capoeira visits israeli Krav Maga or the…more